Apps are massively popular, with over 900 million downloads globally. Essentially, an app is a type of software program that can be installed on a smartphone or tablet device. They can range from simple games to complex business tools, with many in between. The best part is that most apps are completely free, which means you can download them to your phone or tablet for fun and then decide whether or not to pay for the ones you utilize frequently.
The Top Grossing Apps
Every year, global businesses release their financial data to the public, which reveals the top-earning apps for the year. Remarkably, many of these apps are totally free, which undoubtedly appeals to users who want to try before they buy.
This section will highlight the top-earning apps for 2021, as well as give you an idea of what makes them so successful.
Where Do I Get Finance Apps?
Finance apps allow users to keep track of their money as they spend it. Essentially, a personal finance app is an app that you can use to track your cash flow and manage your monthly spending. Some of the most popular and well-known finance apps include:
- Monkey Finance
- Trick Budget
- Sage Bux
- Money Dashboard
- Free Money App
- Smart Balance
- Bankruptcy Monitor
- Budget Calculator
- Money Tracker
- Money Supermarket
- Wallet Apps
- Free Cash App
- Shop Hero
- Cash App
- Credit Card Helper
- Square Cash
- Rack Money
These apps are just a small selection of the thousands available on the Google Play Store. You can find the full list here.
What Feature Does My Favourite App Offer?
The most popular and well-known apps often have additional features that make them more convenient and useful to users. Here are some of the more prominent features that make these apps unique:
- Mint – A popular choice with over 900,000,000 downloads worldwide, Mint is a personal finance app that allows users to track their spending and setup regular budgeting. Its sleek, simple design makes it ideal for beginners who want to keep track of their finances.
- Shop Hero – If you shop online a lot, then you’ll want to check out Shop Hero. The app is all about finding the best prices when shopping for your favorite brands and products. It also allows users to discover the best offers from participating stores.
- Cash App – The Cash App allows users to send and receive money directly from their phone. It was originally designed for people who need to keep track of their finances as they travel abroad, but anyone can use it to monitor their spending and make quick cash withdrawals when needed.
- Square Cash – If you’re a digital entrepreneur who just got started or are looking for an easy way to accept credit cards, then Square Cash is your answer. The tool allows users to process payments quickly and securely.
- Bankruptcy Monitor – If you’re looking for a simple app to manage your personal finances, then this option from HootSuite is for you. It provides users with the tools to manage their loans, credit cards, and monitor their budget. It also allows them to send invoices and keep track of their finances all while on the go.
- Budget Calculator – Want to know how much you need to spend on food, bills, and entertainment? This budget calculator from American Express allows you to create a spending plan and track your progress. All you need is an AMEX card and a google account.
- Money Dashboard – The Money Dashboard is the digital equivalent to a traditional financial dashboard. It provides users with all of the information they need to manage their money effectively.
- Money Supermarket – If you’re looking for an all-in-one app that can help you keep track of all of your personal finances, then you need to try Money Supermarket. The tool combines a personal finance app, budgeting app, and bill tracker into one convenient package.
- Free Cash App – If you’re looking for an app that can help you track your spending and be more conscious with your money, then you should check out the Free Cash App. The tool provides users with all of the information they need to be efficient with their money. From setting up a budget to knowing when and where to spend money, they can use the app to remain accountable with their finances. It also serves as a virtual wallet, allowing users to easily make purchases with just their phone.
- Rack Money – If you frequently travel abroad, then you’ll want to download the Rack Money app. The tool allows users to quickly and securely make international purchases wherever they are. With the click of a button, they can send money to a PayPal account. All of this is accomplished directly from their phone.
- Bankruptcy Monitor – If you need an app to manage your money during a financial crisis, then you can’t go wrong with Bankruptcy Monitor. The app provides users with all of the information they need to keep track of their expenses and manage their money wisely during this time of need.
- Shop Hero – If you’re a digital entrepreneur who just got started or are looking for an easy way to accept credit cards, then Shop Hero is your answer. The app is all about finding the best prices when shopping for your favorite brands and products. It also allows users to discover the best offers from participating stores.
The list of features above is just a small selection of the tools that these apps offer. Each one offers something a little bit different, so you’re sure to find an app that suits your needs. You can download them all for free from the Google Play Store, with some monetizing the app and others being completely free. It’s up to you to decide what works best for you.
The Key Takeaway
The takeaway from this short section is that there are many options to make money online. You can generate an income stream from the comfort of your home by creating and selling your own digital products, like ebooks or course materials. You can also become a brand ambassador and earn a commission when someone clicks a monetized link or buys a product that you promoted. Or, if you’re a skilled designer, you can start your own design business and sell your work online.
No matter what you choose, you’ll find a way to make money online. Just remember that it takes time to generate a sustainable stream of income. How fast you can earn money is based on how much effort you’re willing to put in. Keep that in mind as you navigate the digital world of freelancing and online entrepreneurship.