You finally made it. You spent a long time developing your expertise, building your reputation, and creating an audience for yourself. You’re now officially an “Internet celebrity”, and your engagement with your audience is at an all-time high. You’ve got hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers, and you’ve built a full-blown community around your brand. Now what?
It’s time to evolve your strategy. Just because you’ve got a big audience and you can sell your voice for money online, that doesn’t mean you should immediately switch to full-time online selling. There is a wealth of opportunities for you to maximize your existing audience, build on your existing connections, and take your earnings to the next level.
Here are some suggestions on how you can make the most of your newly found fame.
Find Your Niche
If you’ve been following my blog posts for any length of time, you’ll know that I constantly stress the importance of finding your niche. Basically, this is the “audience” that you’re connecting with, whether you realize it or not. Once you find your niche, you can develop content that will resonate with and speak to your audience. Since your audience is already interested in your subject matter, all you have to do is provide them with valuable and useful information.
For example, let’s say that you’re an attorney and you identify with or are passionate about bankruptcy. If you provide your audience with valuable information about consumer bankruptcy, you’ll be able to build a successful practice as a bankruptcy attorney. You can then develop a persona, blog post-hoc around that topic, and eventually, establish yourself as the go-to attorney in your niche. Once you’ve done that, it’s time to move on to the next step.
Since you’ve already established yourself as an expert in your niche, the next step is to explore monetization. There are a variety of opportunities for you to make money online. You can use your real name, you can use a fake name, or you can even use an alias. Don’t worry about the ethics behind any of these; we’re not discussing the legality of online marketplaces in this article. As long as you’re comfortable with what you’re posting and you’re not breaking any law, go for it!
Here are just a few ideas of how you can monetize your expertise:
- Create a digital product that can be sold on your blog. You can do this yourself or hire someone to do it for you. Either way, you’re going to need to find a way to generate revenue. The good news is that there are a variety of ways that you can make money online. If you can find a way to monetize your blog, you can be sure that you’ll never have to worry about money again!
- Start a YouTube channel. You can put your videos on SALE (short for “Sponsored Advertisements”) to generate revenue. In exchange, you’ll need to put in a couple hundred hours a week to create and upload new content to keep your audience engaged.
- Join a click funnel network. These are affiliate marketing networks that pay members for each click that they generate. So, if someone clicks on a Sponsored Ad on your blog, you’ll earn a small commission. Not bad!
- Start a podcast. Podcasts are a great way to generate revenue and establish yourself as an expert in your niche. You can interview subject matter experts, industry leaders, and people that you’ve met along the way. Make sure that you have a team behind the podcast–they can help you find guests, handle the editing, and design the podcast’s logo. Plus, they can help with marketing and growing your audience.
- Build a course. Create a digital course that teaches your audience about your niche, and you’ll have the opportunity to make money online. You can put your affiliate links in the text, in the footer, or on the side bar. You can also use your favorite affiliate marketing tool to create a free training course that teaches your audience about your niche. Some companies even allow you to use their software to create and sell your own courses. In addition to building your course, you can use your blog to promote and get more enrollments in your course. If you can build a course around your expertise and make money from it, you’ll be able to fund your legal practice, as well as, enjoy a life of luxury!
- Create an online store. If you’re the creative type, you can start up an Etsy shop. Etsy sellers offer everything from jewelry and clothing to artwork, invitations, yard signs, and even furniture. You can find everything and anything that you might need to put into your Etsy shop. If you can offer something unique and creative, people will be willing to pay you for your work. Plus, you can make money online selling your artwork.
- Sell your photos. If you’re talented with a camera, you can start a stock photography business and make money taking photos for businesses across the globe.
There is a wealth of opportunities for you to make money online. You just have to find your niche, build your audience, and then, explore the different ways that you can monetize your expertise. The choice is yours–just keep connecting with your audience, being yourself, and providing them with useful information. You’ll never have to worry about money again!