To make money online, you need a reliable passive income stream. Most people choose to sell their own artwork or designs, take online surveys, or become a reseller of digital products. However, there is another way you can make money online without having an active role in product selling. You can utilize YouTube to make money by showing videos of people demonstrating how to perform various tasks. People can then click on the links within these videos (known as “affiliate marketing” or “performance marketing”) and be taken to an online store that sells the subject matter of the video. In this way, you can create a passive income stream simply by keeping a camera on you at all times and recording whenever you’re doing something useful.
Keeping a camera on you to record whenever you’re doing something useful isn’t entirely impractical. A lot of people use it to supplement their income, whether they want to create a YouTube channel for fun or want to make extra money online. In fact, since its inception, YouTube has been used by individuals to make money online. However, not everyone can rely on YouTube alone to make money. This article will teach you how to make money with YouTube, no matter what your day-to-day intentions are with the platform.
The Many Ways You Can Make Money On YouTube
Since its inception, YouTube has been a gold mine for monetizing content. In fact, Google makes a lot of money from ads placed on videos. These ads are often associated with sponsored content, but they can also appear as “recommended videos”, “related videos”, or “special videos”, amongst other things. The important thing to keep in mind is that there are many ways you can make money online with YouTube.
Not only does YouTube allow for easy affiliate marketing, but it also has a bevy of paid survey opportunities available to users. You can make money online with these surveys, too. For example, you can join Swagbucks and use their app to make money by watching videos and taking surveys. There are even some YouTube channels where the creators will give you a way to make money just by watching videos.
If none of that appeals to you, you can create your own YouTube channel and get paid to create videos about anything you want. You then take your earnings and put them towards more YouTube content.
The Many Benefits of YouTube For Online Marketers
While most people choose to make money online with their art or design work, there is another option that can allow you to do that and more. Thanks to YouTube, you can create a passive income stream simply by recording yourself doing something useful.
Let’s examine the benefits of YouTube for online marketers.
- High Conversion Rates – YouTube enables you to build a following quickly. If you can get people to subscribe to your channel, you can get them to engage with your content. With less than 10 minutes of video content, you can get a point across and have people eagerly awaiting your next video.
- Global Reach – With the rise of TikTok and other similar platforms, everyone has a virtual camera in their hands. Which means you can potentially reach anyone in the world.
- High Reach – Thanks to the YouTube algorithm, your videos can reach a whopping 29 million people. Not only is this a lot of potential viewers, but it’s also a lot of “likes”, “views”, and “dislikes”, which, in turn, can lead to more views, likes, and disikes, and so on.
- Potentially Huge Audience – Depending on how well you craft your content, you can end up with an audience that spans the entire world. While there are no guarantees, you can take advantage of YouTube’s broad reach to build a base of engaged viewers, who will then have an interest in your products or services.
- Highly Targeted Audience – Since YouTube’s audience is dominated by Gen-Z, millennials, and other digitally influenced users, your ads can perfectly match the demographics you’re aiming for. You can then use your channel to grow an audience who will potentially buy your products or services.
- Instant Gratification – While it may not seem like it at first, having video content available instantly is an essential part of growing a channel on YouTube. When users see videos of yourself demonstrating how to perform a certain task or acting out a scenario, they can click on the link and be taken to a site that sells the subject matter of the video in an instant. In this way, you can create a passive income stream simply by keeping a camera on you at all times and recording whenever you’re doing something useful.
How To Make Money With YouTube
While there are many ways you can make money online with YouTube, it doesn’t mean you’ll be able to do it immediately. As with any other form of marketing or sales, you need to build a following first, which takes time.
The quickest way to make money with YouTube is through affiliate marketing. In affiliate marketing, you essentially sell other people’s products or services, and you’re rewarded when a purchase is made via a link or an ad you’ve placed on your channel. The most popular affiliate marketing platforms on YouTube are Revi, ClickBank, and CJ Affiliate. For a more detailed review, check out my in-depth guide to the best affiliate marketing platforms or read my article on how to make money with affiliate marketing.
The Role Of Affiliate Marketing In YouTube Ecosystem
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of how to make money with YouTube.
In general, when someone browses (or visits) a website, they’re usually looking for something specific. If you’re an affiliate marketer, you can use this to your advantage to get specific with your target audience.
On the surface, an affiliate marketer creates marketing materials, including websites and blogs, to attract customers to a particular product or service. Once a customer is attracted to your website, you can use various techniques (such as tracking pixels and cookies) to identify them as an affiliate customer. Then, when they make a purchase, you’ll get a commission.
The Role Of The Camera In Affiliate Marketing On YouTube
As mentioned above, one of the simplest ways to make money on YouTube is to simply create instructional videos. In general, when someone browses (or visits) a website, they’re looking for something specific. If you’re an affiliate marketer, you can use this to your advantage to get specific with your target audience.
Whether you’re baking a cake, crafting, or anything else you can think of, you can use a camera to record yourself doing it. People then click on affiliate links or ads in your videos to make a purchase and earn a commission. Since your goal is to educate viewers on how to perform a certain task, you can use a variety of camera angles to show the various steps involved. Make sure to test out a few different shots before you settle on one style.
To give you an idea of how this all works, let’s look at a few example videos. Each of these videos will walk you through performing a task or completing a step in the process of doing something. We’ll use Google Search to search for videos related to baking a cake. When we search, we’re presented with a variety of videos, some of which are related to baking, some of which aren’t. Let’s examine each result.
Baking A Cake – How To Make A Great Cake With No Experience
If you want to learn how to bake a cake, you can click on this result and you’ll be taken to a demonstration video by a popular chef called “Joanna Gaines’.’
In this video, Joanna shows you how to bake a perfect cake without any experience. Follow her instructions and you’ll be able to bake an amazing cake at home, even if you aren’t familiar with the process.
The video is short, only 1 hour and 25 minutes, and it’s broken down into 11 separate sections, with multiple mini-tutorials per section. This is basically the perfect video for someone looking to get into baking or needs a short, crash course on baking a cake.
Making A Cake – From Start To Finish
Another great video from Joanna for those wanting to learn how to bake a cake. This video is exactly what it says it is – a complete walkthrough from start to finish. In this case, “start”, as in the beginning, means the ingredients. Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients and prepped them, you can click on the start button and the video will guide you through the process step by step, with detailed instructions.