If you’re looking for an easy way to earn money, why not try online translation? You’ll find plenty of reputable companies that will pay you to translate websites and other content from English to Spanish, German, French, or another foreign language.’
Whether you’re a professional translator or a freelance translator looking to make some extra cash, you can’t go wrong hustling for profits online.
The Most Popular Online Translations
If you’ve been researching ways to earn money, you’ll have noticed that there are hundreds of reputable companies that will pay you to translate online. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Fiverr: One of the biggest and most popular websites for online translation jobs has over 200,000 active monthly customers and over 1 million hours of work per month (according to their website). By becoming a translator on Fiverr, you’ll most likely be asked to perform simple translations for small businesses. However, if you’re looking for a steady flow of cash, Fiverr is probably not the best option.
- Translations Per Day: This is a well-established platform that connects businesses with freelance translators and customers with high-quality translations. Most of their customers are looking for native Spanish speakers – which is a potential goldmine if you speak Spanish. Despite its popularity, the name Translation Per Day may cause you to roll your eyes – especially if you’re looking for a steady flow of income. Translation Per Day does offer some money-making opportunities, such as editing, reviewing, and formatting documents.
- Monster Translations: Are you a fast typer with a steady hand? If so, Monster Translations may be the right fit for you. As the name implies, they’re looking for native Spanish speakers to join their team. In general, this website is pretty open – you’ll find lots of freelance translation opportunities on their site. However, be careful if you apply for jobs – make sure you have a team of translators you can work with. Otherwise, you’ll most likely get fucked over by the contractors. Monster Translations also offers some money-making opportunities, such as editing, reviewing, and formatting documents.
- OneOpinion: Another popular website for online translations that you may have heard of if you’re looking for work is OneOpinion. They’re very open-minded when it comes to online translations and hiring practices. For example, they’ll even pay you to test and review products and websites. If you’re fluent in a foreign language, such as Spanish or German, and know how to use a VPN to keep your personal information secure while working, OneOpinion may be the right fit for you.
- Intertrans: Similar to OneOpinion, Intertrans is open to online translations. However, they seem to prefer experienced translators to brand-newbies. You’ll most likely be asked to test products and websites to make sure they’re error-free before they publish them. If you’re looking for a simple way to make some extra cash, Intertrans may be the option for you.
You may also be familiar with freelancing platforms, such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Translations Per Day, that connect businesses with freelancers. If you’re looking for a simple way to make money, you may want to try out these freelance platforms to find customers and translate documents for them.
Where Can I Find Translation Jobs?
If you’re looking for someplace to start, try GoTranscript, Transparent Language, or Translation Hub. All of these websites have a lot of freelancing opportunities within their walls. You’ll find lots of different industries and businesses from all over the world on these websites, so you’re sure to find something that interests you.
If you’ve been searching for a way to make money, why not give online translation a try? You’ll find plenty of reputable companies that will pay you to translate website content and other types of documents. However, make sure you do your research first and choose a company that you feel confident will pay you fairly.