If you’re looking for an easy way to make money online, you’ve probably considered becoming a copywriter or content marketer for some of the big tech companies that offer up their products for review. You’ll be submitting articles to be published, pitching products to potential clients, and getting paid handsomely for it. Sounds pretty good, right?
While this is a viable way to make money online, there is a much simpler route that will allow you to get started with very little effort. What is that way? Enter: Affiliate Marketing!
What is affiliate marketing? Essentially, it’s a way to make money online by referring people to businesses that you’ve partnered with (what they call Affiliate Partners). When someone clicks a product or business you’ve recommended, you’ll get a small commission (typically around 3% to 10% of the sale).
The Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing
You’ll love what affiliate marketing has to offer if you’re looking to make money online. For starters, it’s one of the simplest and most transparent ways to do so. You’ll be able to see exactly what you get paid and how much effort is required. You won’t be inundated with spam or bots, either. The entire operation is regulated by the government, so you can rest assured that your earnings are legitimate.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy the freedom that comes with being your own boss. You get to decide when you want to work and how much you want to charge. You won’t have to follow a conventional schedule, either. Most importantly, you’ll be able to work remotely from wherever you please. Just remember that you’ll need a reliable WiFi connection to ensure that you can keep track of your earnings and commissions.
Where Can I Find Affiliate Marketing Opportunities?
If you’re looking to get started with affiliate marketing, here are a few of the best platforms for the job:
- ClickBank – For many years, ClickBank has been the go-to place for Internet marketers to make money online. The platform offers a wide range of products and affiliate programs from which to choose. If you’re looking to get started with affiliate marketing, ClickBank is the perfect place to do so.
- JVZoo – Speaking of which, let’s not forget about the king of affiliate marketing, the Jacking JVZoo.com. The platform makes it incredibly easy to get started with affiliate marketing. Simply pick a niche, choose an affiliate product to promote, and you’re good to go. You’ll even get a handy tutorial to get you started quickly and easily.
- Wrike – Wrike is a productivity platform that allows companies to manage their work remotely. Because of this, it’s the perfect place for an individual to get started with affiliate marketing. You can create free accounts that will allow you to try out the platform and see how it works in practice.
- Transcripts – Are you a podcaster looking to make some extra money? You can take your pick of the affiliate products from the popular podcast platforms like Stitcher, Spotify, and Apple Podcasts to promote as an affiliate marketer on Transcripts.
- Fiverr – On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Fiverr. This is the place where you can get anything done for a very low cost (products ranging from $5 to $500 or more). You’ll most likely find many opportunities to make some quick cash online via affiliate marketing using the Fiverr platform.
How Do I Earn MONEY As An Affiliate Marketer?
To begin earning money as an affiliate marketer, all you need is a reliable WiFi connection, a computer or mobile device, and access to the Internet. Once you’re connected to the Internet, it’s a simple matter of finding an affiliate product (or products) that you feel confident will make money and then promoting them on social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Let’s take a look at an example: You’ve picked a highly profitable niche, and you’re confident that an affiliate product related to it will do well. That product is now available for sale online, and you’ve decided to become an affiliate for this product (let’s call it a $100 item for the sake of this example).
When someone clicks the product or visits the website that you’ve recommended, you’ll earn a commission. You’ll need to carefully consider how much you want to charge for a product before you get started. If a customer buys a $100 item, you’ll earn a $10 commission. For a 50% commission, they’ll need to buy a $200 item.
Keep in mind that the commission will vary based on the product you promote and the retailer. However, most retailers offer a standard commission rate for products that sell on their site. In the above example, if the product sells for $100 on the website, you’ll earn $10 for each referral. The same goes for a $200 item – you’ll get $20 for each referral.
The Steps To Become A Successful Affiliate Marketer
To ensure that you succeed as an affiliate marketer, you need to take the time to learn from the best. The key is to find success stories from people who have already done this. By studying their tactics, you’ll be able to replicate their results and exponentially increase your earning potential.
From my own personal experience, I’ve found that it’s best to take a more natural approach to gaining readers and subscribers. Instead of simply searching for the best affiliate product related to your chosen niche, you should first focus on building a following. Once you’ve established some credibility in your niche, you can then take the time to find an affiliate product that genuinely compliments your content.
Here are some of the best niches to focus on if you’re looking to make money online via affiliate marketing: