Looking for ways to make extra money? You can make a few hundred dollars a day with these simple online jobs—some of which you can do from the comfort of your home. Whether you have an online store or you just want to make a few extra bucks, these are perfect ways to make money online.
One of the simplest ways to make some extra cash is to take online surveys. Survey companies such as Swagbucks hunt for surveys you can take that will pay out cash. Swagbucks gives you $1.00 for every survey you complete, and you can redeem the money wherever you see fit. You can read their terms and conditions here. Some of the more popular surveys you can take include:
- Product reviews – Think of all the products you use on a daily basis and try to gather as much info as you can about them. By understanding what qualities each product has, you will be able to give helpful insights to others who are deciding what product to purchase.
- Opinion surveys – Take an online survey and give your opinion on a variety of topics. Most companies will pay you to take part in their surveys, so there’s no reason to not make a few extra bucks on the side.
- Television viewing – There are many survey companies that will pay you to watch TV and respond to a few questions about what you have seen. This is one of the simplest ways to make some extra money online and can be done from the comfort of your home.
- Mobile Phone Testing – Get paid to test out new mobile phones and respond to a few questions about your experience using the device. You will get $2 to $5 for each survey you take, so the more you do, the better. This is one of the more popular ways to make a few extra bucks online.
- Book Reading – If you are a fast reader and love to listen to books, you can do this from the comfort of your home. BetaTesting.com will pay you $10 to $20 per month for simply reading a couple of books and providing feedback. Simply search for the book you will be reading and you will see the list of study opportunities available. You can also set up an account on Amazon’s KDP platform, which provides you with a short form for requesting books. You can decide if you want to read for a company or group or if you want to just do it for fun. Regardless, you can make a bit of money while not leaving your home.
So, how much can you make taking online surveys? The amount will vary and depends on several factors, namely:
The Type Of Product Or Service You Review
The more you know about a certain product or service, the more you can write about it. If you are reviewing food products, you can literally eat what you write about. The same goes for clothing. If you are providing reviews for a fitness product, you can expect to earn more money. People are more likely to purchase products or services they see advertised or reviewed in reputable publications.
How Many Reviews You Write
The more reviews you write, the better. Even if you only write one or two reviews a month, you will still make money. People love reading reviews and many will click on a product just to see what all the commotion is about. If you are new to reviewing, you can start out by volunteering to take part in product trials or by testing out new products and providing feedback. Some review sites will even give you cash for writing reviews.
Your Blogging Style
The style you use when blogging can have a major impact on your income. People love to hear from experts and people with insider knowledge, so if you’re able to provide that, you can make a lot of money. Some popular blogging styles that allow you to make money online include:
- Product reviews – If you are able to provide helpful information about a certain product, you can make a decent amount of money off those reviews. If you decide to go this route, make sure you only provide accurate and helpful information about the products you review.
- How-to Guides – If you can help people solve specific problems, you can provide them with step-by-step instructions on how to get the job done. You will need to make sure you have the authority to give out such advice or else the company you are working for could get in trouble. How-to guides can make you some quick money if you’re able to become a go-to source for your chosen topic.
- Niche Blogging – If you can create specific content that is helpful to a small audience, you can make a lot of money producing e-books, audio books, and doing online courses. Your audience will be a particular group of people who are looking for your specific information and you can charge them for the content you provide. The more you can become specialized in, the more you will be able to charge for your information.
- Vlogging – If you’re able to engage an engaged audience and keep them coming back for more, you can make a lot of money off video content such as YouTube videos and Snapchat stories. You won’t necessarily need to create a blog to make money through videos—you can use platforms such as YouTube to find content creators to partner with. The key is to find a balance between entertaining and educating your audience. People love content that is both useful and entertaining, so keep that in mind when creating videos.
How You Present Yourself Online
You will earn more money if you can establish yourself as an expert in your chosen field. If you’re not familiar with SEO, it stands for Search Engine Optimization. Essentially, search engine optimization increases the chances of your website being found when someone searches for your product or service on a search engine such as Google or Bing.
You can go the extra mile by ensuring your website is user-friendly, has content that is relevant and valuable to your target audience, and has the appearance and functionality of a professional business website.
How Often You Post
Even if you have a popular blog that gets hundreds of views a day, you will need to post at least twice a week to make any substantial money. Posting just once or twice a week will barely bring in enough to cover your basic living expenses. To begin earning money online, consider testing out different posting schedules and see what works best for you. Some prefer to post only once a week and make a little money throughout the month, while others prefer to post a few times a week and have a concentrated rush of traffic during the first and third weeks of the month.
Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy
Now that you have an understanding of how to make money online, it’s time to figure out how you will make the money you need to pay your bills. One of the simplest ways is to use affiliate marketing. If you’ve been reading my blogs for any length of time, you know I’m a huge advocate of affiliate marketing. It’s one of the fastest-growing and simplest ways to make money online. Simply put, affiliate marketing is when a business rewards you for bringing in qualified traffic and for increasing sales among those who visit the site. You get paid when someone buys a product after gaining knowledge of the brand or service through your blog post or website content.
If you’ve been wondering how to make money online, it’s time to take action. With affiliate marketing, you can literally make a few hundred dollars per day or more. Simply find a product or service you love and then find affiliate marketing partners (usually established brands or businesses) who are willing to pay you to promote their products or services. You will then need to find a way to drive traffic to their site using various methods.