Mobile phones have taken over the world, and with good reason. They’re easy to use, cheap, and, if you save up enough batteries, you can afford one for everyone in your family. One of the best things about mobile phones is that they allow you to make money online using their technology, which is why we’re looking into how to make money using your phone in 2019.
Before you start making money from home, it’s important to understand the basics of how mobile phones work and how to use them to make money online. You’ll need the following to get started (and if you want to improve your odds of succeeding, you should read these guides):
- SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) – Your mobile phone needs a SIM to work, and it’s essential to know what one you need, as well as how to use one.
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) – If you text a lot, you’ll need to know what an MMS is and how to use it.
- Ethernet (Ethernet Personal Access Transmitter) – If you have a WiFi connection at home, you’ll need a WiFi modem to access the internet through it. Most WiFi modems work with ethernet cables to provide a physical connection between your internet-capable device and the modem (like a WiFi router). Some modems also allow you to connect through Bluetooth or another wireless connection (like ZigBee or Zello). Finally, most mobile phones come with a data plan included, but it can be very expensive (especially if you go over a certain amount of data every month). So it’s important to know what kind of data plan you need and how to use it effectively.
- WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) – Even if you have a WiFi connection at home, you might still need to access the internet through a mobile phone’s web browser because some websites and services are only available through the browser (like Google Search and Gmail). Knowing how to make money using the WAP is pretty much the same as knowing how to make money using your phone (which we already covered), but with a bit more detail on some of the applications and tools you can use.
- MID (Mobile Identification Number) – A MID is a unique number that all mobile phone companies need to identify your phone when it’s used on their network, and it’s as easy as dialing *123* *456* *7890# to find out your MID. Once you know it, you can use it to log in to any website or service that requires your phone number (like iTunes or Bank of America)
With so much talk of mobile phones these days, it’s no surprise that people are looking to make extra cash through online means. There are actually quite a few ways to make money from your phone, but you have to be careful because the rules and regulations surrounding online marketing through mobile phones can be a bit different from those regarding normal websites (like Google). While it’s absolutely possible to make some money from your phone without breaking any laws, you have to know the right tricks and follow the right guidelines (more on this later). If you’re looking to make some quick cash, you should focus on creating a side-hustle to do with something you’re passionate about and know something about. For example, if you’re good with words and you enjoy writing, you could create a blog where you write about topics you’re an expert in. You could then use some of the methods mentioned below to make money online from your phone.
- GOOGLE PLAY (Google Play) – Google Play is the name of Google’s app store, and it’s the most popular app store on mobile phones worldwide. Google’s own apps and games are some of the best apps you can get for free (or close to it) on Google Play, as well as some of the best ways to make money on the platform. While you probably know what Google Play is, just in case you’re not quite sure: Google Play is where you can download all of Google’s official apps and games for free, or at least at a discount. Some of the apps and games on Google Play are entirely free, while others cost you money (usually to create).
- AMAZON MARKET (Amazon Market) – While Google Play is mostly focused on mobile phones, Amazon Market has a lot of ground to cover and is actually a bit more encompassing than Google Play. One of the best parts of Amazon Market is that you can use your phone to browse goods and purchase items as you see fit. These items can then be delivered to your door in a matter of days. Some of the biggest names in technology have created products for sale on Amazon Market, including Google, Microsoft, Samsung, and more. It’s a destination that millions of people use each and every day.
- APPLE APP STORE (Apple App Store) – Apple App Store, like Google Play, has a lot of great apps and games that you can get for free, as well as some very profitable ones. As with Google Play and many other app stores, apps on the Apple App Store can be monetized through advertising and virtual goods (i.e. things you can buy with real money within the app). The key difference between Google Play and Apple App Store is that you have to be on a paid plan to be able to download apps from Apple. Luckily, none of this matters if you don’t want to be on a paid plan.
- TIPSFORTH (TipsForThis) – If you’re looking for a way to make some extra cash, you can actually make money online through Amazon Mechanical Turk. Amazon Mechanical Turk is a place where you can take on small tasks for businesses across the globe. These tasks can range from moderating a Facebook group to transcribing lyrics (with a payment of about $1 to $5 per hour). While the tasks themselves aren’t that difficult to complete, it’s important to understand that you’ll need to perform them on your phone, which can be a pain considering most tasks don’t allow for remote working. Still, if you want to make some extra cash, Amazon Mechanical Turk is a viable option.
- OPPO APPLIANCE MARKET (Oppo Appliance Market) – Oppo Appliance Market is the app store version of the brand’s actual hardware store, and it’s designed for use with smartphones and tablets. You can browse and purchase all kinds of household appliances and electronics there, ranging from washing machines and water heaters to kettles and toasters. It’s a bit like a one-stop shop for all your home appliance needs. Some of the biggest brands in home appliances have their own sections within Oppo Appliance Market, including Bosch, Samsung, and LG. It’s quite an expansive store, so if you’re looking for a way to make some quick cash, Oppo Appliance Market is a great destination.
- TikTok (Television) – Like many apps and websites before it, TikTok, the ultimate social media platform, allows you to make money from your phone. You can integrate Google Pay into your account to purchase virtual goods and access special offers, or you can simply watch advertisements (which you can choose to avoid). While you can use your phone to make money on TikTok, you’re giving up hours of your time for free, so you should only do this if you want to make extra cash. Still, even if you don’t want to spend money on virtual goods, watching advertisements on TikTok is another way to make money online.
There are several ways to make money online without having an app or using your phone specifically, and one of the best (and simplest) ways is through affiliate marketing. With affiliate marketing, you basically earn a commission when someone clicks a monetized link or buys a product that’s promoted on your site. Some of the biggest names in technology, like Google and Amazon, offer affiliate programs, and anyone with a blog can get started with little to no effort. Simply find a product you’re passionate about (whether it’s affiliated with a brand or not) and create content around it. You can use affiliate marketing to promote any product or service you want, whether it’s related to technology, hobbies, or anything else.