If you’re looking for ways to make money online, you have endless options. There are several ways to make money online without having a product to sell. You can get paid to take surveys, for example. You can use your blog to earn money by linking to products and earning a commission when someone buys the product just from visiting your blog. Or, if you’re a skilled Photoshop user, you can create mockups and earn money when someone buys a product that you’ve designed using a tool like FreeAgent or Wistia. You can use your video skills to earn money by creating YouTube videos about products ranging from beauty to politics or sports. You get the idea. There’s truly no limit to the ways you can make money online.
However, not all these opportunities will easily make you a full-time income. If you’re looking to truly make money online, you’ll have to pursue some affiliate sales, too. In case you’re curious, here are seven ways to make money online (for free!).
1. Take Online Surveys
If you’re looking for ways to make quick cash, you can take online surveys for pretty much any company you want. Some of these opportunities are more reputable than others, but they all pay well, especially if you’re completing several surveys per day. Here’s a list of the top survey panels that will pay you to take surveys:
- Survey Junkie (SJ): Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey sites, with over 6 million members worldwide. Survey Junkie pays relatively well, averaging $1 to $3 per day, and you can get paid to take surveys in several different industries, including Amazon, Walmart, and more.(SJ)
- Swagbucks (SBUX): Swagbucks is the original rewards program that pays you to take surveys. They have hundreds of offers ranging from food to clothing to travel to gift cards, etc. They are one of the most popular survey sites, with over 7 million members worldwide, and they also have a special version called Swagbucks Money that lets you cash out your points and access to the full catalog of products.
- OneOpinion (OOP): Unlike some of the other survey sites mentioned here, OneOpinion is a bit different in that you typically complete surveys on their behalf, rather than taking them yourself. It’s still a viable option, however, as you get to keep most of the money, with some exceptions. They pay a decent amount, averaging $2 to $5 per day, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make that money.
- iViva (IVIVA): iViva is a site that connects customers with businesses looking for feedback on their products and services, and vice versa. They claim to be the largest site of this kind, with over 10 million registered users and a database of over 1 million companies. iViva pays even more than some of the other sites, with a daily average of $5.50 per day. There are opportunities to make a decent amount of money here if you can complete several surveys per day.
- MySurvey (MY SURVEY): MySurvey is another popular survey site, with over 4.5 million registered users in the U.S. alone. They are currently available in 47 countries, so if you speak a foreign language, you’ll be able to take advantage of that. MySurvey pays relatively well, averaging $3 to $5 per day, and you’ll have a chance to make that online money in several different industries.
Keep in mind: these opportunities won’t make you a full-time income. You’ll likely have to pursue some affiliate sales to earn a living. But, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make money, online surveys are a great option.
2. Start A Blog
Blogs aren’t just for fun these days. They can be quite the moneymaker when done right. You can use your blog to promote products ranging from affiliate sales to digital downloads to physical products that you’re selling yourself. There are several different ways to make money with a blog, but the general idea is the same. You’re paying someone (i.e., a blog owner) to post content on your behalf. Some of the more popular ways to make money with a blog include:
- Affiliate marketing: With affiliate marketing, you’re literally just promoting someone else’s product. When you sign up for a premium account with a tool like Bluehost, you’ll have the opportunity to browse through various affiliate marketing opportunities. You create a blog post with a link to a product or service (i.e., Amazon) in it. When a visitor buys the product or signs up for the service after reading your blog post, you’ll earn a commission.
- Patreon: On this site, you can create a subscription plan where you and your fans can come back and forth to consume content, with you donating a part of the proceeds to a cause you believe in. For example, you can choose to support a military veteran’s organization with the funds you make from patrons. You get one random drawing per month where you could win a Tesla or other expensive prizes.
- ClickBank: With this option, you’ll be able to distribute digital downloads and/or physical products for sale through a network of retailers.
- Shopify: With this option, you can set up your very own online store, with the flexibility to choose from hundreds of products that you can add to your store from various third-party providers, such as Amazon, Ebay, and more.
Keep in mind: building a brand-name blog isn’t easy. You have to put in the work to establish yourself as an authoritative voice in your industry. But once you’ve done that, you can make a living off your blog quite easily.
3. Start An Online Store
If you’re the creative type, you can get paid to design stuff. If you’re a professional artist, you can start up an Etsy shop. You can even create a YouTube channel to make money off your images. Or, if you’re a talented writer, you can start up a blog (see tip #2) and monetize it using a product like Bluehost (see tip #1). You’ll be able to sell your designs and products across a variety of platforms including Etsy, Shopify, and more. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make money from an Etsy store:
First, you’ll need to pick a product you’re passionate about. Then, you’ll need to find a supplier who will be able to help you manufacture the product. Finally, you’ll have to take photos of your work and prepare a descriptions of your products and its ingredients. When completed, this process will be quite easy to follow, and you’ll be able to get your hands on some much-needed cash.
4. Start An Online Business
If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for online business ideas, you can check out this website called Starterkit.com. On this site, you’ll find everything you need to know about starting your own online business, including information on how to find the perfect product and brand for your business, tips on how to write a winning business plan, and more.
Your business plan shouldn’t be too complicated. You only need to include the following material:
- A description of your company
- The proposed product
- The market size (i.e., the number of people you think will buy your product)
- The money you’ll need to fund your company (i.e., your cost of goods + shipping + taxes)
- Your expected profit margins
- Any supplementary information
5. Sign Up For A Commission-Based Income Stream
If you’re looking for an easy way to make money, you can sign up for a commission-based income stream. For example, you can join a company like Swagbucks where you’ll earn points for taking surveys and buying products. On Swagbucks, you’ll earn points for using their search engine, and you can redeem those points for real money.