In 2015, over 53 million American adults went online. That’s 80% of the population. Even those not typically considered ‘early adopters’ want in on the action. You no longer need to be in sales or marketing to generate online income. You can start a blog and make money online from home or anywhere else.
The internet allows for more opportunities, and while it’s never been safer to make money online, it has never been easier. Thanks to the increased safety and security afforded by the internet, more people than ever are exploring ways to make money online. If you’re reading this, I assume you’re looking for ways to make money online too.
If you’re looking to make money online, there are a number of ways to do it. Some are more effective than others. Which one you should opt for depends on your experience, goals, and existing knowledge. In order to help you make the right choice, we’ve put together a detailed guide. In it, we’ll discuss the various ways you can make money online and how much you can expect to make. Let’s get to it.
The Six Most Popular Ways To Make Money Online
1. Amazon Associates – This is one of the more straightforward ways to make money online. Basically, you’ll sign up for a free Amazon account. From there, you can start building links and earning commission on whatever you sell. You can choose to work either manually or with automated tools to help with the process. You can also leverage existing accounts for this method, so if you have a blog or website, you can use that to generate funds.
The great thing about this method is that all you need is a computer and an internet connection to get started. You don’t need any special skills to make money with this strategy. Just keep in mind that it is fairly competitive and you’ll need to build up your account before you can make any serious money. Even then, you’ll need to keep working at it to ensure steady income. Overall, Amazon Associates is a flexible way to make money online that allows for limited creative freedom.
2. ClickBank – This is another reputable network that allows for flexible hours and gives you the opportunity to make money online. Basically, you’ll need to find a product that people are searching for and then sell it to them. You’ll need to establish yourself as an expert in your field and then convince people that your advice is worth buying. Once you’ve gotten their trust, you can start pitching your products. The great thing about this affiliate marketing network is that you can develop your own product lines and become a one-stop-shop for any online purchases that your followers make. Additionally, you’ll need to keep your ears open for any new products that could potentially be a fit for your website or blog. This is an essential step in order to stay relevant and earn the most from your efforts.
3. BlueHost – One of the more popular hosting services that allows for genuine income potential if you put in the right effort. You’ll need to get started by purchasing a suitable domain name for your site. From there, you’ll build up a small audience and then develop a relationship with your audience. Once you’ve gotten their trust, you can start pitching your products and services to them. The great thing about this hosting service is that you can integrate email marketing with other marketing and sales platforms to gain the most from your efforts. This is one of the more established and reputable ways to make money online. BlueHost has been around since 1999 and is one of the few hosting services that still allow for genuine income potential.
4. Google Adsense – This is one of the most popular and widely used advertising networks, which makes it a great choice for any blog or website that wants to make money online. Basically, you’ll need to determine the best suited type of ads to run based on your niche and target audience. Then, you’ll need to create and maintain ads that will fit these specifications. When a user clicks on an ad, they’ll be directed to a product or service that is related to the network’s objectives. This method can be a bit more expensive than others, but depending on your level of expertise, it could be the better choice for your bottom line.
5. Chitika – This is a relatively new entrant into the affiliate marketing sphere, but it’s already gaining popularity as a way to make money online. Essentially, you’ll need to find a product that people are searching for, identify the right audience for that product, and then create content to draw in this audience. You’ll then be able to promote and sell this product to them. This is one of the more flexible options in terms of the types of products you can promote and the amount of control you have over the content you create. One of the great things about this strategy is that you can scale up or down as needed to fit your existing resources.
6. Shopify – This is a web-based platform that allows you to create and maintain an online store. Once you’ve gotten your store up and running, you can integrate it with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to gain the most traction from your efforts. You’ll then need to decide whether you want to pursue this route as a business or as a hobby. If you go the extra mile and build up a following, you could potentially make money online from retail sales alone. This is one of the more flexible ways to make money online as you don’t necessarily need to find a product that people are searching for. The great thing about this option is that you can start small and build up your audience and then eventually scale up or down as needed.