If you are looking for ways to make extra money or want to try something new, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will teach you how to make money online using a website. We will cover everything from the basics, such as domain registration, hosting, and building a website, to more advanced topics, such as affiliate marketing and PPC advertising.
Why Website Businesses?
In the traditional brick-and-mortar world, businesses have to rely on customers driving to their stores to purchase their products. With the internet dominating our lives and the economy shifting to a more digital sphere, those who can effectively utilize the internet for marketing or conversion purposes stand to make a lot of money.
Having a website gives you the ability to connect with potential customers anywhere, anytime. You can advertise your products or services virtually anywhere with a click of a button and gain immediate engagement and trust from your audience. If you ever wonder why some businesses are more successful than others, the answer lies in the ability to connect with consumers and build long-lasting relationships through digital marketing and a well-designed website.
Which Type Of Website Do I Build?
As a starting point, it is important to establish the purpose of your website. There are three primary purposes that websites serve:
- Product or service information (i.e., reviews, FAQs, etc.);
- An online store (for selling products); and,
- A blog (for sharing content & engaging with your audience).
Each of these purposes requires a different approach to building a website. For example, if your primary purpose is to educate potential customers about your products, you will probably need to lean more heavily on the content of your website than you would if your purpose was to simply sell your products online. In terms of monetizing your site, you will also want to consider how much content you should put out to maximise your earnings and how much should you rely on advertising or affiliate marketing to generate the income you need.
How Do I Monetize My Website?
Depending on the type of website you have built, you will have one or more of the following monetization options:
- Affiliate marketing;
- Product reviews;
- Pricing and comparison charts;
- Consulting or coaching;
- Video or podcast content; and,
- Grow your own products (i.e., flower seeds, juice, etc.).
Each of these options requires a bit of research to determine which one would be the best to utilize based on the goals and objectives of your website. Additionally, the legal and regulatory details surrounding each type of monetization strategy must be considered.
Build A Product Review Website Or Blog
If you are looking to make money from your website quickly, you should consider building a product review website or blog. The reason being is that you can quickly set up a product review website or blog, and with the growth of affiliate marketing and review sites like Shopbop, Wayfair, and many more, there is a lot of potential to make money online from reviewing products.
Building a product review website or blog gives you the ability to make money online with little to no experience since all you need to do is find products that people are interested in purchasing and then convince them to purchase these products through your biased reviews. The amount of money you can make from a product review website is based on a few things, including:
- How lucrative the product is (i.e., expensive hobby products, such as art supplies, can be extremely profitable if reviewed and mentioned in relevant places online);
- How many people are interested in purchasing that product (i.e., if a lot of people are searching for information on that particular product, then there is a good chance someone will be interested in purchasing it once they know what it is); and,
- How well you know the niche (i.e., if you are knowledgeable about the topic, you can review products on the topic and provide helpful information that will appeal to your audience).
The great thing about reviewing products is that you can do it from the comfort of your home. You don’t need to look for a review site to post your opinions on products since you can always create one yourself. Additionally, you can find products that are suited to your niche and review them, making money online while helping people at the same time. In terms of the amount of money you can make from a product review website, it depends on a few things, including how many products you can review. Typically, you can make anywhere from $500 to $5000 per month from a single product review site. But, to make significant money, you will need to establish your own review site and continue to generate good reviews.
If you decide to pursue this route, you will want to focus on the following points to ensure your review site is profitable:
- Establishing your review site with a business identity
- Curate a quality product review that people want to read
- Creating an authority review site by regularly contributing to industry blogs
- Offering your own products for review
- Regularly contributing to relevant social media platforms
- Building a community of regular contributors
- Setting up affiliate relationships with relevant companies
- Creating awareness around your site’s reviews via PPC advertising
Sell And Review Digital Cameras
If you are more interested in selling and reviewing digital cameras, you can take advantage of the fact that people are more likely to purchase products and/or services online. The great thing about digital cameras is they are easy and cheap to purchase and there are a ton of different models to choose from, making it relatively easy to find a camera that fits your needs. Additionally, since most digital cameras require users to input information and settings, you will have essentially an unlimited supply of products to review. And, since most people use digital cameras for taking photos at home, you will also have access to a massive audience that you can potentially monetize via affiliate marketing.
Choosing this route can be highly profitable, but you must remember to keep your eyes open for affiliate marketing scams. If you are looking for an easy way to make money online, building a digital camera review site might be the ideal option for you. But, if you want to be sure you are making the right choice, consider the following: