In our recent blog post, we discussed the various ways in which you can make money online. One of the suggestions we made was to take advantage of the many online surveys that exist out there, offering quick payouts and minimal effort. Surveys are popular because they’re simple and usually do not require a lot of effort to complete. Moreover, there’s a wide range of topics to choose from, you’re not bound to one type of survey. In case you missed it, here’s a quick recap of what we talked about.
Make Money From Home With These Survey Sites
Taking surveys online is a very popular and effective way to make some extra cash from home. There are dozens of survey sites out there, so you’re bound to find one that suits you. Some of the more popular survey sites are Survey Junkie, Swagbucks, OneOpinion, Ipsos iSay, Just For Fun, Survey Junkie, Ipsos iSay, and Payscale. Each of these sites is different, but they have one thing in common – you will get paid to take surveys!
Keep in mind, however, that not all online surveys are created equal. Some are perfectly legitimate and easy to complete, while others are simply looking for your personal information. To avoid getting scammed, you must be careful when filling out these online forms. Here’s a short list of tips on how to make sure you’re not getting scammed by a fake survey site:
- Look out for fake news stories about getting rich quick from surveys.
- Never give out personal information (like your social security number or credit card data) to anyone unless you’re 100% sure they’re a legitimate company.
- Avoid clicking on any ads that pop up on your screen while taking a survey, and stay away from any offers that require you to purchase any product to qualify for the survey.
- If you feel like you’re being fooled, simply exit the survey before you complete it. In some cases, you might be able to get your money back.
- If you get really suspicious about a survey site, contact the Better Business Bureau or the Federal Trade Commission.
- Check out our reviews of the best online survey sites, where we break down the important details about each one.
- If you want to get paid to take surveys, go directly to the source and sign up for a legitimate survey site, or start your own blog and make money from surveys there.
- Don’t bother taking any online surveys that aren’t directly related to your interests.
How to Make Money From Home With These Survey Sites
Let’s get down to business. We’re going to tell you the ins and outs of making money from home with these survey sites. Remember, however, that this is not financial advice – we are not financial advisors, this is for informational purposes only!
Before you begin making money online with surveys, you must first decide what you’re going to use to meet your income goals. Do you plan on becoming a full-time blogger? Are you looking to get paid to take surveys occasionally? Are you going to use your talent for getting to the “top of the funnel” (as some call it) and trying to make some quick cash? There’s a reason why these questions are being asked, and it’s because there’s no surefire way to know how much money you’re going to make until you actually try. The best thing you can do for yourself is to figure out how much you’re going to need to make and make a plan on how you’re going to get there.
The Basics Of Making Money With These Survey Sites
Now that you have your goal clearly in mind, it’s time to figure out how to make money with these survey sites. First off, to qualify you need to be a legal resident of the U.S. If you’re not yet 21 years old, you also need to have a parent’s permission to register. In most cases, you’ll need to verify your identity by providing a government-issued photo ID (this is mostly just in case you’re doing business over the internet, it doesn’t mean you need to have your physical ID around).
Make sure to read the full T&C (terms and conditions) before you agree to participate in any online survey. This way, you’ll know exactly what you’re getting into. Some of the things you need to watch out for are:
- Fraudulent offers – there’s a reason why these fake survey sites are named what they are, most of the time they’re looking to steal your personal information.
- Multiple redirects – you should never, ever get the feeling that you’re being redirected to a different website when you click a link or open an attachment in an email. That’s a sign that you’re being scammed.
- Demographics – make sure the demographics of the survey matches your interests. If you’re not getting paid to take a survey on a site for lawyers, then that site probably doesn’t match your interests. On the other hand, if you’re getting paid to take a survey on a site for hair stylists, then that’s probably the type of site you want to be on.
- Monetization – make sure the site has an approved URL for making money from online surveys (not all approved sites make money this way).
Get Your Opt-In Email
One of the first things you should do after you register is to get your opt-in email. This is the email you will use to take the surveys. Make sure you add this email address to your contacts so you don’t forget it.
Depending on how much you’re planning on making online with these survey sites, you might also want to consider getting paid to take surveys.
Start Taking Surveys
Once you have your email, it’s time to start taking surveys. Remember – you’re under no obligation to take any survey, you can just stop at any time. The best thing you can do for yourself is to start small and take it easy. Sign up for a few simple, legit survey sites that you find appealing, or create your own blog around a specific interest (like travel or fashion).
Take as many surveys as you can until you find one that suits you. Remember to take your time and don’t rush into it. It takes a while to build a good reputation online, so be patient.
Make Money With These Survey Sites
Once you have your email verified and you started taking surveys, it’s time to make some money. The best way to do this is to simply continue taking surveys and getting offers. Most of these survey sites offer cash prizes, so keep taking them until you win. Some of the more popular contests with big cash prizes are:
- Travel & Tourism – Google “travel & tourism” and you’ll see hundreds of websites with online surveys that you can take. Many of these sites provide you with the opportunity to make some extra cash by sharing your opinion about various destinations, hotels, and attractions.
- Start a Blog – If you already have a blog with a decent amount of content, try joining a community of bloggers and take their blog challenge. In return, they’ll give you a small challenge that’ll help you build your audience.
- Doing Nothing – If you want a quick way to make some extra cash, you can always do nothing and get paid. These survey sites allow you to make money by simply answering questions.
Blogs have the potential to become quite the source of income, especially if you build up enough of an audience. The more you write, the more you’ll be able to make. Keep in mind that your content is completely free, so it can be a bit addictive.
The Different Types Of Rewards And Their Significance
These survey sites won’t pay you just to take the survey, they want you to complete a given task. For example, do you watch movies frequently? If so, you might be asked to rate various movies or suggest a movie for others to see.
These are known as ‘click-through’ or ‘action’ surveys because after you take the survey, you’ll be given the option to click a link or make a purchase. You don’t always have to click a link to make money with these survey sites, but it’s a viable option. Some of the more popular games with click-through options are: