In the last few years, the world of online earning has become a veritable goldmine; however, serendipity or good old fashioned hard work won’t get you ahead in today’s digital world. Even if you’re an expert computer user, it can be difficult to monetize your knowledge beyond simple tutoring or advising. The fact is that being a digital nomad and making money online isn’t as easy as it looks. It takes time, determination and a lot of hustle to become financially independent as a freelancer or small business owner. If you’re interested, continue reading because in this article we’ll tell you precisely how you can make money online with PayPal.
Monetizing Your Expertise
If you possess an inimitable expertise that prospective customers are willing to pay for, such as being able to help them improve their English or math skills, then leveraging that expertise and turning it into a money-making machine is a viable option. Since you’re essentially selling your knowledge, you’ll want to make sure that you possess the proper credentials to validate your expertise. For example, if you’re a teacher of English, you’ll probably want to prove that you are a certified English teacher.
Once you’ve acquired the credentials to validate your expertise, you can begin looking for clients. It’s important to find a balance between being too aggressive and creating too many obligations. You don’t want to appear as though you’re trying to trap customers into hiring you; instead, let your expertise lead the way and your honest, open-minded approach ensure that you’re always getting paid what you’re worth. Once you’ve built a reputation as an honest, reliable expert, consider using online platforms to refer potential customers to you. Better to have a few good referrals than to have a lot of bad ones.
The Growth Of Online Marketplaces For Freelancers And Small Businesses
Over the past few years, countless platforms have risen to the occasion and provided a space for online freelancers and small businesses to thrive. Marketplaces, in general, are designed to function as a meeting ground for buyers and sellers, connecting them with businesses who are willing to partner with them through an online contract. This contract, which can be either written or oral, outlines the terms of the agreement between the two parties in an effort to create a fair and transparent experience for all involved. Examples of the types of contract you might use include:
- Product review – If you’re a product reviewer, you’ll want to explore various marketplaces like Amazon, B&H or Newegg where you can sell and grow your audience.
- Data entry – If you’re a data entry professional, you can build a small business or side-hustle doing data entry for marketplaces like Amazon, B&H or Newegg where you can bill multiple customers per day.
- Video transcription – Do you have a real gift for speaking in front of the camera? If so, you can become a video transcriptionist, earning up to $20 per hour depending on your skill level. Explore platforms like Amazon or Fiverr to find work. Hootsuite, a social media management platform, even has a special section for online freelancers where you can find work.
- Copywriting – If you have a great command of English and are a skilled writer, you can explore platforms like Amazon or Fiverr where you can take on freelance copywriting gigs for businesses worldwide.
- Social media marketing – Do you have a knack for getting people to join your social media networks? If so, you can develop a side-hustle marketing on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram or Facebook where you can promote products and services for businesses worldwide. You’ll want to be careful though and ensure that you’re following all the correct procedures so that you don’t get kicked off of the platform for trying to make a quick buck.
- Copy editing – If you’re an outstanding copy editor, you can take on freelance copy editing jobs for businesses worldwide. Honey, a platform specifically designed for copy editors and proofreaders, even has a copy editing short-cut where you can enter your rate and gain access to hundreds of jobs.
Paypal As A Means of Making Money Online
One of the more popular ways of making money online is through Paypal. First launched in 2001, PayPal continues to grow year after year, currently serving over 148 million active users worldwide. PayPal is a digital wallet that allows users to send and receive money online. Essentially, it’s a trusted third party that ensures safe and secure transactions.
With PayPal, all a user needs to do to make money is:
- Sign up for a free account
- Link a bank account or debit card
- Entitle a PayPal account
- Set the price
- Choose an amount to pay
- Click the button to send the payment
- Review the transaction and earn a small commission
The above steps are pretty much self-explanatory; however, since PayPal is a digital wallet that’s linked to your bank account, you’ll want to make sure that you’re investing in a high-quality, trusted credit card to minimize the risk of having your account hacked. Make sure to read the terms and conditions closely and ensure that you’re complying with all the guidelines. Just like that, you’ve successfully leveraged an expertise that is guaranteed to bring in the money.
The truth is that if you want to make money online, it doesn’t really matter what method you choose. What’s important is that you find a profitable niche and begin building your audience. When you have a large enough audience, you can begin exploring ways to monetize your content. For those who want to continue exploring ways to make money online, Paypal is a safe and viable option that allows you to do so securely.