Most of us are constantly looking for ways to make extra cashflow. Whether it’s due to financial difficulties, seasonal downsides, or just because you want to be able to contribute more to your family’s finances, there’s a side gig for everyone! And what’s a side gig if you’re not earning a little bit of extra money? Well, it’s not called a side gig; it’s called full-time employment! But who has time to be looking for a full-time job when you can make a few bucks (or in some cases, $$$!) with apps that you already have on your phone? We looked at six ways to make money with apps that you already own and in some cases, may already be using!
1. Take a Survey
One of the simplest ways to make some extra cash is to take online surveys. For the most part, you’ll be answering questions and if you qualify, you’ll be given the option to take a survey. These are just a few examples of the online survey money makers:
- Swagbucks: One of the more popular survey sites. You get paid for taking surveys and for performing other tasks such as scanning the web for products.
- Survey Junkie: Another popular survey site. You get paid for taking surveys and for performing other tasks such as searching the web, calling businesses, and playing games.
- My Survey:My Survey pays you to take surveys and you get a $10 bonus for referring a friend. It’s a great place to make some extra cash and you’ll earn money even if you have a low review rating.
- Viggle: Viggle is one of the more recent entrants into the survey game. All you have to do is download their app and earn money from taking surveys.
- PeerFavor: PeerFavor is another survey app that you can use. It’s also one of the more popular choices among those who want to make money online without having to spend a lot of time taking surveys.
- OneOpinion: OneOpinion is all about making money from taking surveys. What sets them apart is the fact that you’ll also receive a portion of the earnings from those who use your opinion in their favor.
- Prizmo:Prizmo is one of the newer entrant’s into the survey game. You get paid to take surveys, watch videos, and use their app as much as you’d like.
While taking online surveys is one of the easier ways to make money with apps, it’s not the most effective. The reason: most survey sites don’t pay very well. If you’re looking to make extra cash, you might want to look at the other options below.
2. Start A Podcast
Another way to make money with apps is to start a podcast. Podcasts are all the rage these days and if you can put together a successful podcast with a sizable audience, then you can monetize all that content. You’ll need to do a bit of research and see what podcasters are making money and how much money they’re making. Once you’ve found a successful model, you can replicate it and make money from podcasting. Here are a few examples of profitable podcasts:
- The Adventurers:One of the more popular podcast showcases. Each week, they release a new podcast with tips and tricks on various topics such as internet marketing, podcasting, and digital nomads lifestyles. You can see the full list of podcasts here and if you’re looking to get into the action, you can create your own podcast for free! All you need is a voice, a studio, and a mic. The amount of people who are making a living off their podcasts is truly remarkable.
- Richest:Richest is an extremely popular podcast that interviews top entrepreneurs and business leaders. While it isn’t necessarily all about money, the bulk of the conversations revolve around earning a profit, expanding profit margins, and increasing efficiency. It’s fascinating to watch these industry greats debate business and financial theories.
- The Sleep Apnea Hellscape:If you’re looking to make some quick cash, you can try out the Sleep Apnea Hellscape podcast. It’s one of the newer podcasts in the space and they’re looking for contributors. Essentially, you’ll be explaining sleep apnea to patients and if you can get at least ten hours of recording time, you can make $500 a month. The more you contribute, the better your chance of being picked to be a part of the project.
- The Skimm:The Skimm is a brand new podcast that’s only been around for a little over a year and they’re already making a considerable amount of money. The model behind The Skimm is similar to that of a modern-day newspaper. Essentially, you’ll be getting paid to answer questions and disseminate important news.
- The Dollar Shave Club:The Dollar Shave Club is one of the more popular new podcasts in the space. Each week, they interview different entrepreneurs and business owners about the most current trends, technologies, and methods of achieving financial success.
Podcasts are easy to make and all you need is a decent microphone, a laptop or desktop computer, and a high-speed internet connection. You can create your own podcast, using a service like Blubber, and start making money straight away!
3. Start An Online Store
Another fantastic way to make money with apps is to start an online store. If you’re capable of taking online orders and shipping them to customers, you can create an online store from scratch in a matter of minutes. What’s more, you can do this using Shopify, the worlds’ #1 eCommerce platform. If you’ve ever created a blog, you know how tedious it can be to get products featured and listed on the blog. With an online store, you can generate sales revenue immediately! Here are some great examples of how others have made money from Shopify: