The release of Red Dead Redemption 2 brought with it a whole new set of opportunities for players who are looking to make some extra cash. Thanks to the game’s popularity, there are now hundreds of online guides offering players tips and tricks on how to earn cash and prizes in-game. While some methods are relatively easy, others can be a little more time-consuming. Let’s take a look at how you can pull in some extra money in the game so you can buy those nice-to-have items that the game’s design team really went all out on.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Cheat Codes
One of the most convenient ways to make easy money in Red Dead Redemption 2 is by using the game’s cheat codes. All you need to do is input the following at the consoles command prompt (the keyboard’s “~” key will be used to enter these codes):
- cgcmap (create map): This unlocks a whole new array of locations for you to explore. Use the G (Generate) key to begin your exploration, or P (Practice) to return to the main menu.
- noclip (don’t clip): This is pretty self-explanatory—it prevents you from clipping through the terrain when you drive. This can be extremely useful if you’re planning to mine metal ores or hunt for treasure chest caches in the wild.
- nspr_support (enable SP read): This will allow you to equip your horse with the latest in technology when you ride. When riding, use the LT (Left Trigger) button to guide your steed; if you hold the button down, you’ll be able to see the items equipped on your horse’s back through the animal’s eyes. This can be extremely useful for seeing exactly what type of equipment you’re carrying as you navigate the wilderness or cityscape.
- nspr_enhance (enable SP read): This will allow you to see the items on other characters’ back and what kind of weapons they are carrying. When using this code, it is advised that you stand back a little ways so the character doesn’t think you’re attacking them.
- noclip 2 (don’t clip 2): This will put you in a new type of clipping mode where you can see through walls and objects. It’s just like real life—you can’t see yourself when you look in a mirror, but when someone’s pointing a camera at you, you’ll be able to see yourself in any way they want you to.
- noclip 3 (don’t clip 3): Similar to the previous cheat code, this will place you in a new type of clipping mode where you can see through walls and objects. However, this code allows you to see up to three times the amount of stuff as before—it’s all about having enough horsepower under the hood!
- godmode (enable god mode): This enables extra god-like capabilities in the game. Essentially, you’ll be able to see everything in the game world regardless of whether it’s day or night (or any other time), and you won’t be slowed down by pesky things like physics or limited ammo.
- godmode snipe (enable snipe): This allows you to shoot accurately while in God Mode. It’s best used for hunting or taking down large prey during the day when the golden light of dawn is beaming down upon you. At night, use the silvery rays of dusk to your advantage instead.
- godmode sprint (enable sprint): This will give you an extra boost of speed when navigating the game world. Be careful not to abuse this power—the more you sprint, the more your horse will act like a race car and the more likely you’ll flip over or lose control of it. Also, hold down the right trigger to automatically deploy the safety belts on the back of your seat when you enter this mode. This will prevent you from falling off as you navigate complex terrain or zip around a city at extreme speeds.
- godmode fly (enable fly): This will give you the power to soar through the air like a majestic bird. You must obey all the traffic signs and never land on solid ground if you want to keep flying—if you do, you’ll have to start your journey over again. You can also use this mode to examine the environment around you or to spy on other players if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
- godmode underwater (enable underwater): This will allow you to swim like a fish in any body of water you come across. Of course, being on land is the ideal situation for exploring, but if you want to make some extra money, it’s worth considering the opportunities offered by water. The one thing you must remember is that nothing in the game will affect your breathing apparatus. If you begin to run out of air, you’ll have to surface or take a break from your active play sessions to recover.
- godmode vehicle (enable vehicle): This allows you to drive any vehicle you can think of. It’s probably the most efficient way of getting around if you’re willing to invest in some new parts. For those wanting to make quick cash, this is a great way to do it. Of course, driving isn’t for the faint of heart—if you want to avoid trouble, leave the driving to the professionals.
- disable god mode (disable god mode): This will put you back into your normally equipped state, returning you to how you were before you started using these amazing superpowers. This code is useful for when you want to play normally or for those wanting to explore the extent of the codes without fear of god mode detouring the journey of those seeking quick cash.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Loot Boxes and Mystery Boxes
Another way to make quick cash in Red Dead Redemption 2 is by purchasing loot boxes and mystery boxes from other players. These boxes will regularly contain items such as weapon skins, character outfits, cash, and more. If you want to find out what’s inside a loot box without paying for it, simply break it open by shooting it with a gun. This will make the contents visible in the case that the box is sealed.
There are many different ways to make money online in Red Dead Redemption 2. Some people prefer to use the game’s auction house to buy and sell items. Others like to play the game’s poker mode for winnings or use the game’s gear exchange to sell and trade items. Still others like to hunt monsters for experience points and then use those points to level up.
Thanks to the game’s immense popularity, there are now hundreds of online guides offering players tips and tricks on how to earn cash and prizes in-game. While some methods are relatively easy, others can be a little more time-consuming. Let’s take a look at how you can pull in some extra money in the game so you can buy those nice-to-have items that the game’s design team really went all out on.