In 2015, Salesforce reported that there were 420 million Internet users globally. With so many people online, it’s no surprise that online marketing is a multi-billion dollar industry. While traditional marketing like television ads still exist, many businesses are finding ways to use the Internet and social media to their advantage. If you’d like to get started with a business you know will be profitable, read on. We’ve got 10 ways for you to make some quick cash online without any investment.
1. Take Online Surveys.
Everyone likes to feel important, and what better way to make yourself feel important than to give your opinion and find out how you compare to others in terms of how you handle certain situations? Entering your email address in to various online surveys will often earn you money in your local currency. Some of the more popular surveys include:
- Survey Junkie
- Global Test Market
- Just For Fun
- Many More!
Keep in mind: these surveys won’t bring in huge earnings. Most will earn less than $5 a day. If you want to make serious cash, move on to option number two.
2. Start an Online Store.
Since the cost of starting a brick and mortar store can be so high, many businesses have found a way to emulate that model and make money online. The most popular method is to let customers purchase goods with cryptocurrency. If you’re unfamiliar, cryptocurrency is a digital currency that doesn’t rely on banks or other third-parties to operate. It was designed to be completely decentralized and secure. Cryptocurrency allows for easy business development and has several advantages over traditional currencies like the dollar.
- Decentralized: In a truly decentralized network, no one entity controls the entire network. No single point of failure
- Security: More and more businesses are realizing the importance of security online. Having a security breach can be costly. When trading and storing cryptocurrency, you’re relying on a cryptographic algorithm to generate the random numbers that give your currency its value. This makes it harder for hackers to steal your money. (Learn More About Security)
- Convertible: One of the greatest things about cryptocurrency is that it can be converted to traditional currency. If you’ve ever bought anything from Amazon with bitcoin, you know how easy it is to convert cryptocurrency into traditional money.
- Portable: Just because you’re not physically at the point of sale doesn’t mean you can’t operate a business from the convenience of your smartphone. With cryptocurrency, you can conduct all your business from the palm of your hand. It’s instant, portable, and easy to use. What’s not to like?
- Trusted: When you’re using cryptocurrency to make a purchase, you’re relying on the cryptocurrency’s reputation as a secure and legitimate form of payment. This reputation is usually established by the community of users who have chosen to use the cryptocurrency in the first place. It’s similar to how online merchants like Shopbop and New York City based Bonjoro rely on online reviews to gain credibility with potential customers. (Learn More About Reputation)
- Simplified: Many cryptocurrency supporters like to tout the fact that their coins are easier to use than traditional bank accounts and payments systems. Some of the simplification comes from the way cryptocurrency stores and exchanges handle transactions. For example, instead of having to go through several intermediaries to complete a transaction, you can do business directly with the seller. When it comes to paying for your groceries online, all you need to have is your credit card and a working Internet connection. (Learn More About Complexities)
- Accepted Everywhere: Most cryptocurrencies are designed to be accepted worldwide. Thus, you don’t have to worry about running into any sort of limitations when doing business in another country. If you have a website that sells hats, you can set up shop in Canada and accept payment in Canadian dollars. (Learn More About Geography)
- More Trusted: Since most cryptocurrencies are not tied to a country, most countries consider them to be legal tender. In most countries, including the United States, cryptocurrencies are considered to be a form of intangible personal property. This means that you don’t have to register your business or product in order to protect your intellectual property rights. (Learn More About Legal Matters)
- Increased Privacy: Since virtual currencies are not controlled by any government or central bank, they also provide you with more privacy than traditional forms of currency. In order to keep your digital assets secure, you have to keep your computer/device well protected. This means using a strong password and avoiding connecting to public Wi-Fi when needed. (Learn More About Digital Security)
3. Start an Online Travel Agency.
If you’re passionate about travel, why not put your expertise to use and help other people travel easier and more luxuriously? Starting an online travel agency was once reserved for people with deep pockets, but with the right skills and preparation it’s now a viable option for anyone. With travel agencies you can plan luxury holidays and excursions to destinations around the world. You’ll need to learn how to handle payments in different currencies, screen for suspicious activity, and keep track of all the essential documents. Travel agencies can be found online or through a referral from a reputable organization like the one below.